AccuWeather.com Weather Photo Gallery

 
South Fork Fishing an Hunting Club 1889
South Fork Fishing an Hunting Club 1889
Description: The South Fork Fishing an Hunting Club counted many of Pittsburgh`s leading industrialists and financiers among its 61 members, including Andrew Carnegie, Henry Clay Frick, Andrew Mellon, and Philander Knox.. Organized in 1879, the purpose of the club was to provide the members and their families an opportunity to get away from the noise, heat and dirt of Pittsburgh. The club owned the Western Reservoir, the dam that created it, and about 160 acres of land in the area. The club renamed the reservoir, calling it Lake Conemaugh. A 47 room clubhouse, featuring a huge dining room that could seat 150, was the main building on the club`s land. There were also 16 privately owned cottages,actually houses of a generous size, along the lake`s shores. The club`s boat fleet included a pair of steam yachts, many sailboats and canoes, and boathouses to store them in. Entertainments included an annual regatta, theatricals and musical performances

Date Taken: 5/28/2008
Views: 4572
City: sidman
*ApertureValue: 6
*ISOSpeedRatings: 0
*ShutterSpeedValue: 1.72
State: pennsylvania
Zipcode:
Country: United States
*Camera: hp PhotoSmart 620
*Software: Ver V0.610
*From Exif Data (See All)
Facebook Comments
Classic Comments
 
Uploaded on 5/29/2008
by 1889 Flood Cottages Team
Can't Rate Photo At This Time
Low
High

More Photos
More photos by 1889 Flood Cottages Team This Day
south fork hunting and fishing club cottages south fork hunting and fishing club cottages
Tags
fishing   south   an   Hunting   fork   club  

Share This Photo
Share on Facebook   
Click here to get photos on your website!
 
We have updated our Privacy Policy and our Cookie Policy effective May 25, 2018. Please review them.
X